Sales Manager – Export
Area Sales · Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant
About Sound United
Sound United was founded in 2012 with a simple mission – to bring joy to the world through sound. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest portfolio audio companies and home to several legendary audio brands—Bowers & Wilkins, Denon, Marantz, Polk Audio, Classé, Definitive Technology. Each brand boasts its own philosophy and unique approach to bringing home entertainment to life.
With centuries of collective experience, Sound United oversees the design and manufacture of a diverse array of premium audio products, including loudspeakers, sound bars, AV receivers, wireless speakers, amplifiers, turntables, and headphones. We create distinct and memorable listening experiences for a wide range of consumers in more than 130 countries. For more information on Sound United and our mission, please visit www.wharfedale.com
Position summary / Main purpose of the role:
To manage Income from Operations (IFO), margin and turnover for the existing accounts of brand products, with the objective of enhancing overall results and making full use of market opportunities within the Export regions.
Achieving targeted sales budgets per region
- IFO and turnover margin
- Terms and conditions of own customers
- Export plan for own region and target setting per account
- Analyze and report market and competition info of own region.
- Expected to travel to AB-accounts and shows
- Maintain a good relationship between customer and brand
- Follow up order by monitoring the department’s Finance and Operations
- Solve any problem or issue between customer and brand
- Forecast planning for own ABC-accounts
- Daily communication with distributors about queries related to the sales process. Provide the distributors on a frequent basis with information about prices and availability. Provide order confirmations, back orders, sales overviews (reporting) and technical information about the products.
- Develop sales channels and the status/market shares of each brand in the markets together with our distribution partners.
- Report on a regular monthly basis to the Export Manager
- Keep Export Manager informed on market and competition situation
- HBO Education, commercial & business economics
- 3-5 years of experience
- Very good written and oral knowledge of English, any other languages a plus
- Very good knowledge of MS office
- Excellent communication skills, commercial feeling
- A highly structured and efficient way of working
- Ability to work independently, like to work in a small team (4-5 persons)
- Charismatic and customer-oriented, representative
- Pro-active and able to think out-of-the-box
- Accurate, eye for detail
- High level of interest in dealing with a variety of countries and cultures
- Interest in HiFi and/or technologically advanced products
- Hands-on mentality
- SAP knowledge is a plus
Why Sound United: We employ more than 1,800 associates in 18 countries, empowering us to take our brands to new heights. Sound United has a global face and a sales presence in over 130 countries with manufacturing, supply chains, distribution channels and associates in the United States, Europe, Japan and other parts of Asia. We recently joined forces with Masimo, a global medical technology company, to add our best-in-class consumer solutions into their broad portfolio of hospital and home medical technology solutions.
High visibility, broad impact. This is a high growth, changing environment, and you will have the opportunity to really make an impact on our systems and processes and how we enhance them. In addition to being exposed to new projects and learning new skills, this role also positions you to interact with a variety of departments, teams and leadership groups on a global basis.
Great time to join. We are proud to provide premium audio/video experiences to both commercial and consumer markets and, we’re experiencing healthy growth. When you’ve proved yourself a star and are ready for the next career step, the opportunities will be there.
Cultural experience. You will have regular exposure to many cultures. We’re in over 130 countries, so you’re not just focused on one culture, but will enjoy working with many.
Building on success. Our growing portfolio of premium audio and video products delivers the best in design, technology, innovation and performance to a variety of customers who seek to enrich the moment with pure sound and vision. Our well-respected products continuously win industry awards and accolades. We are investing in growth and expanding our product lines, distribution channels and markets, and our teams, making this an exciting time to be part of Sound United.
Excellent compensation, benefits and work environment. In addition to a competitive salary, attractive incentive program, we offer a collaborative, open, and hybrid work environment and professional development opportunities. Join SOUND UNITED and let’s build an even greater company together!