Working within the Mobile Apps Development team your role is to develop the Android app that our customers use to control their HiFi systems and discover new music.
As part of a team of 5-10 mobile app developers you will be responsible for the development of the Android app. Working with native technologies mostly in Kotlin and occasionally Java you will collaborate with other mobile developers and the software test team to ensure new features are carefully crafted and well tested.
Taking new feature ideas, you will contribute to making these a reality by translating wireframes and visual designs into working code. Using your experience of implementing great apps there is always the opportunity to put your own stamp on new development.
As a member of the in-house team you will have the opportunity to help guide the direction of the app architecture, helping us ensure great quality both from a technical perspective as well as making sure the user experience is as good as our world class HiFi products deserve.
Our agile team meets on a daily basis and consists of both developers and dedicated testers. Together the team ensures each unit of work is carefully checked using unit tests, manual tests and static analysis. Code is built on each commit by our CI server and deployed automatically to testers and beta testers.
- Develop our Native Android app using Kotilin and occasionally Java.
- Work with the Project Management team to plan development schedules.
- Provide technical guidance on architectural decisions, code quality and testability.
- Collaborate with firmware developers to define the interface between the app and the product.
- Engage in daily standups, work planning meets and various technical discussions.
- Produce clear documentation to communicate your ideas and design decisions.
- Engage in peer code review
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Degree qualified in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar engineering related discipline.
- 3+ years of Android development experience using Android Studio.
- Good working knowledge of Java and Kotlin.
- Familiarity with JetPack, Navigation Component, Flow, Injection (Koin), REST interfaces.
- Up to date knowledge of Android mobile technologies and frameworks.
- Unit testing, Automated UI testing and Test Driven Development.
- A proactive approach to documenting design decisions. We use Atlassian Confluence.
- A personal interest in Hi-Fi or music technology
About IAG Group
IAG Group Ltd was founded in Hong Kong, in 1991 with success founded upon the manufacturing of audio products.
Now with a reputation that incorporates the history of some of the world’s oldest, and most prestigious audio brands, IAG Group Ltd is a leader in the world of home and professional audio.
Not only a family of brands, the IAG Group is unique in the fact that we own our production, manufacturing, research and development and sales channels – a vertically integrated machine in every sense.
Operating on a global scale, with offices, subsidiaries, distribution and representation in over 100 countries, IAG Group ltd is a worldwide force.